Friday, October 3, 2008

What I Love, Really Love

There are good days and bad days.

Waiting for the bar results is more miserable than studying for the stupid test. Being asked if I am employed yet is frustrating. I do not like being “retired.” I cannot wait to use my doctorate diploma and join the workforce. We are just waiting for the stupid results.

Apparently the results will either come out this Friday (today) or the next. Either way, we bought two bottles: champagne for good results and vodka for despair and grief.

To keep my spirits high, I think of things I love:

1. Macaroni and Cheese – It does not take much to make me happy and this childhood, comfort food makes me really happy. I ate it frequently as a child and as I joke with my great friend Barbie, we would be 20 pounds lighter if we did not eat it as much as we did. I still love it. It is embarrassing confession, but whenever I see the dish at a restaurant, I just have to try it. It doesn't matter that I have ordered my wedding dress; I will just work out longer at the gym. :-) I could live off of mac and cheese, grilled cheese, and go figure, quesadillas.

2. Friends Coming to Visit – Barbie and her husband Troy are coming to visit. They are flying in on Friday, October 10 and I can’t wait to show them around Phoenix. Friends coming to visit is a blessing and I am thrilled for their visit. Who knows, maybe they will want to relocate to the valley of the sun? :-) We will just have to show them a great time.

3. NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK !!! – Yes, I will be one of those old screaming women at the concert on October 13 in Phoenix. There is no holding back for this concert. Barbie and I spent many childhood days eating macaroni and cheese and then dancing to the VHS of New Kids on the Block. We know all the dances, we are that good. No matter what the bar results are, I can look forward to the concert!!!

Can't wait!!

4. Easy Wedding Planning – The wedding planning thus far has been incredibly smooth and easy, that is also because we have only been told no once. Lame. I can see how this business can get incredibly stressful when you are told that the date is booked, especially planning a wedding in a small city (Sioux City) where options are limited.

5. Planning Weddings with Friends – It is great to share this journey with Britney. It is great because we can share details and help each other, while having two unique weddings that fit the couples. I am absolutely thrilled for next summer. And it was great that Barbie was on the same journey this summer.

6. The Sun – It is October and fall has yet to rear it’s ugly head here. I am looking forward to it cooling down a bit, but no South Dakota fall here!

7. Matt - Of course. As we approach being engaged for one year on Sunday, I couldn't be happier or more in love.

-Jen

No comments: