Thursday, October 30, 2008

Smooth Sailing, Kinda

This wedding process has been pretty smooth thus far, but for one minor bump (the stupid limo). But even that has worked out.

We have most of the wedding planned: the church, the priest, wedding website, the reception/cocktail, DJ, cake, flowers, wedding dress, limo, STDS sent, and now I am working on hair/makeup appointment. It is a Catholic ceremony so most of it is planned – we even have family friends who are going to play the organ and sing.

Left to do: bridesmaid dresses, minor details like hair, candy/desert bar, picture slideshow, and DIY (do-it-yourself) projects…

Oh goodness DIY… I like being creative. I like scrapbooking, but I do not think I am a DIY bride.

That is the reason for this post. I tried working on my wreaths yesterday. The plan is to have two pink wreaths on the church doors; one with a blue J and the other with a blue M.

I can say I REALLY love my blue letters that I painted yesterday – that part of the project went well. They are the correct blue and right size. Perfect for the pink wreaths.

I started hot gluing the tissue paper flowers on to the wreath and disaster happened. I burned my finger, flowers fell off, and it looks terrible thus far. And the hours worth of tissue flowers I made, only covers ¼ of the wreath. And the little guys (little tissue flowers) do not look correct on it, so those were ditched. Disaster. I wanted to throw it across the room. It is a good thing I have 7 months until the wedding… I just need a break from them.

When the suckers are done, how am I going to get them home? Probably ship it and tissue flowers will fall off again. In the end, probably cost the same to pay the florist to make something. Oh well. At least a lot of TLC will go into them. I am more excited to make the floating balls with flowers for the fountain. I will have to wait until my finger stops hurting.

I am just hoping for a job. Funny story.

I applied for a serving job yesterday. I was rejected, even though I had four years of experience serving, and I must say that I was a pretty darn good server. I was rejected because the manager said I was “too qualified” and that I should lie next time about graduating from law school because they want a 6 to 12 month commitment out of their employees, which I totally get, but the serving industry is notorious for people coming and going. She then told me that it takes about 4 months to make money off of a new server. Totally does not make sense. And I am not going to lie to people about my background. I did not go to school 7 years to lie about it. And I just passed the Character and Fitness portion of the bar.

Oh well. Still unemployed. Lame. And I am not going home for Halloween. Sad.

- Jen

No comments: