Friday, October 17, 2008

The Best Weekend Ever

I have basically been hung-over from too much excitement and fun from last weekend.

To start off the weekend, last Friday Matt and I found out that we both passed the Arizona bar exam! Yes, both of us! The waiting process was very stressful and I could not be happier the way things are finally working out. All the hard work as well as thoughts and prayers from friends and family definitely paid off. And we even both passed with a pretty good margin.

Then Barbie and Troy fly in later that night, which we picked them up and came back to our house and had some celebratory drinks. I am so thankful for great friends: for driving us to the airport, sharing and buying some drinks at Merc, and even bringing over some champagne for us. It was a great night; thank you to all who helped celebrated!!

On Saturday night we ventured into the devil’s territory and went to the Big Bang, which is, as usually a great time. Barbie and Troy both enjoyed it so the night was definitely a success.

Saturday night was such a success, that it made Sunday morning very, very painful. We wanted to go hiking so we invited friends to come along. Neither Matt nor I had hiked Camelback Mountain so we had no clue what we were getting ourselves involved in.

Ryan, Chris, and Chris’ girlfriend Carrie met up with us. Oh my goodness. I wanted a nice walking trail full of glorious desert beauty. I got that, and then some. We did not go on the trail that Ryan had been on and liked, but a different one that Chris picked. I expected leisure walk in the mountains while taking fun pictures with friends. I did not get that. It started off bad, I fell behind from the beginning, and well, I finished last. I am not a cussing person, but I definitely uttered lots of cuss words. There was not much hiking Camelback Mountain, but rather we scaled it.

But we all made it to the top and the view is amazing. It was worth the hike (once I got over from Saturday night, which was still totally worth it). I just would do it again at a leisurely pace, taking more pictures, enjoying the views. I do not hike to time myself; I hike to enjoy the beauty. If I want a workout, I go to the gym.

Then Monday was the most glorious day of my life (besides getting engaged, our future wedding day, and perhaps the birth of my nephew and nieces).

- Jen

No comments: