Friday, September 26, 2008

Laughable

Wow I must say things are truckin' right along in wedding planning land. We (Jen & Matt and Barry & I) all got our Save the Dates (STDs) out to our family and friends. I laugh every time I think about sending STDs to all those people. Anyway it might just be me but I need a good laugh in the mist of all this wedding planning. After sending STDs it is fun to watch the counter on our wedding website climb up as I know people are checking it out but they are still not ready to sign our fun guest book. Anyway that is a HUGE check in my book.

Some other HUGE checks involve the ever dreaded wedding dress. Last night Jen stepped up to the plate and ordered her most beautiful dress. I cannot wait until it comes in and I am sure she is pretty excited as well. As for me I have found my dress and this Saturday (as in tomorrow) will be going to the bridal salon with my mom and grandma to bite the bullet and make one of the biggest purchases thus far in the wedding planning process. It is kind of crazy how far in advance one needs to order something wedding related to have it in enough time to not add any additional stress as the big day approaches.

Speaking of the big day Jen & Matt only have 246 days left until they are officially Mr. & Mrs. Elias. Another thing that I think is fun and makes me laugh is that my wedding invitation might be the last piece of fun mail Jen gets with her maiden name on it. Once again anything in wedding land that makes you laugh I say run with it.

Another thing that made me laugh (unfortunately it did not make Jen laugh) was a story Jen told me about their wedding day transportation. “Sorry were booked.” Only for a wedding do you need more than 246 days to book a limo. Jen was not happy about those three little words because so far in the planning process neither of us had heard it before. But I did have a good laugh because there is some CRAZY bride out there who thought about booking a limo more than 250 days out from her wedding and unfortunately or fortunately (how ever you want to look at it) Jen was not that CRAZY bride.

Next up for me is trying to find a DJ for our lovely event. One who will keep the dance floor full, not be too cheesy, be easy to work with, show up on time, and most importantly not break the bank. I think it is easier said than done.

My something PINK?

xoxo
britt

No comments: