Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm off to see the Wizard...

The wonderful Wizard of Oz...

I've never been thrilled about Halloween. I would prefer to take the kiddies (my nieces) trick-or-treating or hand out candy. Matt and I made a decision to go out this Halloween. We went to the costume shop to see if anything was reasonable. I've never done hoochy Halloween before, but there is a first for everything.

I've always wanted to be Rainbow Bright, but she was MIA at the costume store. But I found something that I am pretty happy about - Dorothy! I am taking a chance this year. How many years left in me that I can do this? When the kiddies come (my own kiddies) I can't be hoochy Dorothy anymore.

And Matt got an Uncle Sam costume that is pretty fun. He swears he is going to be Homer next year. I think it would be funny to be Marge (even though I am NOT a Simpsons fan).

Additionally, my niece Bailey is going to be Dorothy this Halloween. I wish we could get a picture taken together, but I do not want to expose sweet Bailey to my version of Dorothy.

Funny side-note. Her twin sister Britney (fellow blogger is Brittany and my niece is Britney - I always have to stop and think) is going to be the Wicked Witch of the West. Too funny. Who wants to be my Wicked Witch or Tin Man or Lion or Scarecrow? Anyone?

And here are the costumes:

Bailey will look sweet and innocent.


And her aunt will wear this costume... It actually doesn't look that hoochy on. I love my Toto in a basket, but he kind of looks like a rat. Only if Lilly was here this weekend. I am just kidding. But I do think she would make a great Toto. :-)

With that - I wish everyone a Happy (safe) Halloween!

(Yay for our wedding colors!)

- Jen

No comments: