Friday, August 1, 2008

It is over!

It is over, so over. I feel as though I have emerged from a deep, dark hole, hung-over. The two days, 12 hour test was not fun at the slightest. The MBE (200 multiple choice questions) was terrible; I almost had a breakdown after the first 30 questions because I think I got the first 29 wrong, really. The test is not fun. My favorite question is: “which argument is the strongest?” So all four choices are correct, you just need to find the most correct one. That is fun. Now we have to wait until October to find out the results. There will be lots of prayers until then.

The test ended on Wednesday. Matt and I returned to Phoenix to hang out with friends. We are thankful for such great friends: Brittany and Barry surprised us with a bottle of champagne, Eric drove us (keep in mind everyone had to work the next day), and Ryan, Jeff, and Chris came to celebrate with us. We also met up with April and her friends at Dos Gringos. It was great to hang out with friends again stress-free. Thank you to all who celebrated with us!

We had to wake up at 5:00 on Thursday to make our 7:30 flight out of Phoenix to Omaha. We were picked up by Eric, who drove the night before – we are very thankful for great friends. We arrived in Omaha and it is HUMID. But it is great to be back. I am excited to go boating, water skiing, and Barbie’s wedding!! I woke up at 7:00 this morning and went to the gym with her. She is going to have a great wedding.

As I said, it is great to be back as I am typing in my area of the house, the basement. A toad is trapped in our window well, poor guy. I will free him soon. There have been lots of critters trapped through the years: rabbits, toads, neighbor’s dog, and such. I free most, and once negligently ended the life of a toad. So I am hoping to successfully free this guy.

I love being home and look forward to seeing friends and family. I am excited to return to Phoenix bar-free. Brittany and I will have some major wedding planning to do. And hopefully Mike, the stationary guy, will send me the proof for the save-the-dates. For now, I am enjoying life guilt-free.
-Jen

No comments: