Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pumpkins or Bridesmaids?

What color grey (or is it gray)? Long? Short? Bow? Bubble hem? Beading? Lace? OMG (please read not like a valley girl but a woman who never thought BM (bridesmaid not to be confused with the bridesmen that will be at our wedding) dresses was so complex.

When I first started this whole wedding planning process I thought I would have all my BM in a nice summery orange color dress. I was convinced finding the right shade of orange would be easy because in my little mind their were two shades of orange: burnt orange, the kind you see in fall and orange orange, the kind you see the rest of the year. So for about a year I was set on finding orange orange, but than I read an article about hideous BM dresses that Brides make the women they love wear. A quote in the article said that a group of women all wearing pink “looked like the row of Pepto Bismol bottles at the grocery store.” WOW can you imagine if that is what your guests thought of your BM? So I had a vision of my guest saying that my BM looked like a row of little PUMPKINS all lined up standing next to me. So with the pumpkin imagine still firm in my head I convinced my cousin, Amanda, to go BM dress shopping with me one day while she was out in Arizona visiting. We went to a local bridal shop and pulled a few dresses that we liked (none of which were orange) and we found a couple that might work but I still wanted to see what she would look like in an orange dress. So Amanda being the nice cousin that she is, usually looking great in anything, put on the orange dress that matched my vision the best. Amanda came out of the dressing room and there in front of me stood a PUMPKIN a very HOT pumpkin but a pumpkin none the less. So we looked at each other and I said “We need another color, this orange is not working.” With that we brain stormed and came up with grey and little did we know at the time that we were choosing the HOTTEST new color of the season.

Surely finding a gray dress will be easier than finding an orange one. Hopefully we can find a designer who all the girls (only 3) like and a dress they like and than we all like/agree on his/her gray. And a bigger hope of mine is that my ladies can also wear their gray dresses again because lets face it gray is a little more elegant than the orange color I was originally going with. So now we need to find BM dresses (as my mom has instructed)– but I guess I/we should formerly ask our Bridal party first.

xoxox

britt


Oh and if you want to know about Grey vs. gray here is a good link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey

No comments: