Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wedding Dress Extravaganza

Since my return to Phoenix, it has been wedding-eventful. I picked up the save the dates and they look great. Now it is just time to put addresses on.

Brittany and I had an eventful bridal shop experience. Brittany got off early on Friday and we went dress shopping. We first went to Azteca Bridal Shop, which is in downtown Phoenix. It is an interesting shop. I signed the requisite forms, as I am now probably signed up for about a hundred bridal shops... We sifted through dresses and I tried on a few. Each dress got better as I tried them on. The last dress was beautiful and I loved it. But the problem is I have no idea what the dress name is because Azteca has removed the designer and dress name from the dresses! I can not find it online. Azteca was good for the experience, but I will not buy my dress there because it seems very busy and it is in downtown Phoenix, which is a jaunt from my house.

Next we went to I Do, I Do, which is also located in Phoenix. Brittany and I both tried on dresses and found some winners. Brittany found two great dresses; one she has already tried on and a new dress. But there is a problem; we do not know the name of the dress! I Do, I Do has also removed the designer and dress name! This is frustrating.

I understand the policy, the store wants you to buy the dress there, but it seems like consumer entrapment or something (yes, I did make that up). But it really does not pass the “smell test.” If a bridal shop wants to win over customers, they should do it with their service or clean shop, not be entrapping a bride.

Finding a wedding dress is stressful enough. And it causes problems for us because neither of our mothers lives in the area. Why would we buy a dress that we can not find online to show our mothers?

I did find a dress I really love there too, but there is a bridal shop in Gilbert that has it, so I probably will not be buying at I Do, I Do as well. Not to mention that they will not tell you the total amount for the dress until you make the final purchase. This is shady. There is no telling what charges they will include.

But it was a fantastic day. We are making wedding process. And Friday night we went to a University of Arizona Alumni banquet here in Phoenix for free, due to a friend. We met Coach Stoops, Wilbur, among other Arizona Alumni, such as the swimming coach who had just returned from Beijing for the Olympics. It was a great night with friends and great company. I can not wait for the football game this Saturday. Until then, I will be signing Bear Down Arizona!


Just hanging out with Wilbur.

Brittany and I giving Coach Stoops some advice.
-Jen

No comments: