Sunday, August 10, 2008

A little bit of this & a little bit of that...

So I wouldn’t call myself the type of person who waits around for the Olympics to start every 2 years but this year after so much hype I was excited to watch the opening ceremony on Friday. Boy was I glad I watched the 4 hours of it. From the opening drums to the lighting of the torch there was so much to see. Don’t get me wrong, the parade of nations got a little LONG but the fact that the Chinese even tried to make that interesting (the paint with the canvass and all the athletes’ footprints) proved that this opening ceremony will be hard to top. Good Luck London. I am excited to watch a couple of event but I don’t think I will be staying up late or waking up early to watch table tennis.

In other news we officially have a flower girl and ring bearer. I could not be more excited to have these two special little ones be apart of our day. They will be so cute walking down the aisle and they are season veterans in the wedding business as our wedding isn’t their first rodeo (march down the aisle) together. Now we just need to officially ask the rest of the bridal party (which I’m guessing most already assume they are a member) but we wanted to do something nice and within the next couple of weeks the bridal party will be in place.

We also found out that the US Open of Surfing, which is a large surf competition, is starting the same day of our wedding. Now you might be thinking, why does this matter. Well I will tell you that Surf City USA (location of said competition and said wedding) is very congested already. This presents many negatives and positives. The negatives include more people, higher prices for everything and everyone, plus grandstands on the beach. The positives include tons of stuff to do and see, an awesome vibe and a true taste of what Surf City USA has to offer, and a unique experience. Now don’t get me wrong if we knew the Open would start the same day as the wedding we might have chosen another date but one thing I have learned in this whole wedding planning process is to control what you can and roll with the punches or in this case roll with the ocean and make the best of what you have. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that we will finally be married and be surrounded by our families and friends.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and is ready for the work week ahead.

Surf City USA, US Open of Surfing

xoxo

britt

No comments: