Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Today's Blog is Brought to you by the Letter...

Who would have ever thought that finding “the one” would be so hard? No I am not talking about “the one” as in Barry or “the one” that many boys claim to find when they date a girl for a few months in college but “the one” as in “the one” wedding dress. I will only be finding “the one” because once “the one” is purchased I never plan on putting on another. I guess wedding dress shopping is kind of like finding “the one” who I will be marrying. Once I found him I didn’t need to look any further. And finding “the one” caused me to look at a lot of not so nice (down right hideous) ones.

Jen has blogged a lot about our journey to finding “the one” but let me tell you it is taking its toll on me and I now know why Pam got married in a white bikini. Don’t bridal shops understand that MOST brides work and we can’t make it to that 1:30 appointment because we are WORKING? And closing at 5 doesn’t help either when your last appointment time is at 4pm. You see Jen and I went into this nice bridal shop in Chandler and I kind of looked at the racks and found one dress that I want to try on, yes only ONE. So essentially this will take all of 10 minutes maybe 15 if I like it, so why do I need an hour appointment? I don’t want to waste your time or mine but when you are the only store in ALL of Arizona to carry this designer and thus this dress can you please cut me some slack and let me come in to try this dress on when I have sometime?

Another thing I would like is if wedding dress shops would tell me how much it will cost before I decide to buy. I understand you have rules and policies but in this economy people need to watch what they are spending and if I have to I will order my dress from a bridal shop near my hometown and I’m sure they wouldn’t mind telling me how much it will cost after taxes and any other hidden fees. Enough of ranting but I am trying to schedule some appointments while my mom is in town to see some dresses but I am having no luck except for the place who doesn’t tell you what you are buying or how much it costs before you sign the dotted line – and to be honest that scares the SHIT out of me. Here’s to hoping everything works out and it usually does.

Oh yeah in other news, wish me luck today as today starts the workouts with my brother as my drill Sargent ummm I mean personal trainer. Maybe when he is done with me Pam's idea might work.

Barry would approve but not grandma...

xoxo

britt

No comments: