Tuesday, August 5, 2008

some kind of wonderful…

I think I am in a bit of a funk. A lot of little things that wouldn’t piss me off are, I don’t have the motivation to do a whole bunch and I have caught myself slipping into old ways lately. I really have no idea what my issue is but I have one guess and it has to do with the quality of sleep I have been getting. You see we have been sleeping in the guest room as it has been way to HOT to sleep in our master bedroom. Many might think this is not a problem and easily fixed but when it is still 100 degrees outside all night and your bedroom doesn’t cool down enough you have to make due with the other options you have. So for about a month now we (Barry, me and LILLY) have all been sharing a full size bed. This worked in college – in fact twin beds worked in college but now that we are a little older with wake up times before noon this no longer works. We have our comfy queen bed just sitting there waiting to be used until it A. getting cooler (maybe by October) B. we go and buy another fan for the master bedroom or C. crank up the A/C to freeze out the other rooms of the house so our master bedroom can be cooled down. The way we see there are two legitimate options and those are A & B as if we did C our electric bill would easily jump above the 300 dollar mark (not cool, not cool at all APS). And after sharing the full size bed for about a month I really think option B is the only option that will work for us. So this weekend I plan on going out and buying another fan (hopefully one that will do the job) and move back into my master bedroom and my LARGER than a full Queen bed. Hopefully this will change the funk I am in.

On a brighter note this weekend was “some kind of wonderful…” We got a lot done but also did a lot of nothing. Barry had his first Saturday off in about a month and we spent the day cleaning. In the morning we took off and went to Walmart (yeah I have no moral dilemma with shopping there – lets face it, it isn’t going away anytime soon and if I can save a few bucks I will). We needed cleaning supplies. As I filled the cart with TONS of cleaning supplies Barry so politely asks if he should call the City of (town we live in) and let them know that we will be cleaning the whole city today. HAHA I am going to marry a funny one. After that we went home and cleaned the whole house top to bottom – well maybe middle to bottom as the top floor didn’t need any cleaning. We finished with plenty of time to shower and rest up before we headed to the Scottsdale to meet up with Rachel for dinner at PF Changs.

On our way to dinner the 101 was closed at the 60 so we ended up taking side roads all the way there. It was so nice to see Rachel and to catch up on all the gossip and news of women and men who I/we have spent many a nights with drinking and having a good time. Rachel also offered to let 5+ college alum sleep on her floor for the home football games. She has even invited Lilly to come and stay to so looks like this fall our trips to Tucson on Saturday’s will not end once the game does but in fact continue at the bars after the football teams victory. Rachel has also offered to help with the wedding as she is a way better planner than I and she has some way better ideas than I do too. I love Rachel and we wish we could see her more and this Fall it looks like we will see each other so much that she might get sick of seeing me.

After dinner we thought it would be a good idea to stop by the grocery store and pick up some drinks and invite some friend over for a little late night gathering. We were all hanging out upstairs and with a blink of an eye the boys (Barry, Ryan, Sam, Chris, and Alan) were all down stairs drinking, and I mean DRINKING. After about an hour we heard a loud laugh and Pearl looks up and goes “yep Sam’s drunk.” I love it how when couples have been together for 5+ years we can tell that our love is drunk based on a laugh. Also that night Pearl and I got a talking about how we need to go to downtown LA. I don’t know if you all know this but I LOVE downtown LA and all the good deals that can be found there. So we are determined to have a GIRLS weekend trip to LA. So who is with us (if you don’t want to talk about weddings and wedding planning for at least 48 this isn’t the trip for you)? At about 1am everyone left, Barry and I crawled into our little bed for some sleep.

Sunday was LAZY. The only thing we had to do was go to the grocery store. The rest of the day was spent napping, watching TV, playing video games or blankly staring into space pretending to watch someone play video games. Weekends like this are good the only thing that makes them not GREAT is the fact that they end and a new work week starts.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good (well as good as it can be) work week.

xoxox

britt

No comments: