Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Huppa, a Whata?

For us the ceremony is important. Although we are letting our officiants (a rabbi and a reverend) have full control over our ceremony I have given great thought into what I wanted the ceremony site to look like and lately I have been obsessed with the huppa. We are getting married at the country club over looking a beautiful lake and golf course so I wanted our huppa and other decorations to enhance the already beautiful terrace and view. In the Jewish religion the couple is married under a huppa. Usually the huppa is held up by the parents of the bride and groom but for us (and our mixed ceremony) our huppa will be a free standing structure. I knew we needed a huppa large enough for Barry and I to stand under along with our rabbi and reverend, I knew we wanted it to be light and airy, and with a little bling to go along with it. So I looked around the internet for inspiration and found a couple huppas that provided inspiration.

White cover, hanging down flowers, bamboo poles, and large enough for us is what we wanted.

When I was home a few months ago I got some fake orchids to hang down, some crystal prisms and my parents even got the bamboo poles so I was just looking for the white shear cloth to drape over the top. Enter Cost Plus World Market for the beautiful cloth that will drape over our huppa. It is white with a little gray detailed border that I have decided to sparkle up by added rhinestones to the edges.

Yes, It is a bed cover but will be our huppa cover!

It is beautiful and perfect, what more could I ask for. I can’t wait because in less than 8 months it will be put to great use.

xoxo
britt

No comments: