Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy Orange or Classic Black?

The easiest group to outfit was my groom, his groomsmen, the bridesmen, and my father. Considering they are spread across the country I thought we were going to have to go through a big chain store to get them suited up but within 5 minutes of talking with Clint we knew exactly what they would be wearing and how to get him all their measurements.

I guess Clint deserves a little back story. Clint’s Formal Wear has been in business for a LONG LONG time and when you walk into his store in Buena Park you see all the celebs he has outfitted from former presidents to TV personalities pictured on the walls. Among all these famous people whom have turned to Clint in their formal wear times of need a few special people in my life have also looked to Clint to get their Tux and Suits just right. You see when my parent’s got married in 1981 they too went to visit Clint to outfit their wedding party. I knew we would be in great hands if our wedding party was in Clint’s hands.

After a quick look around the store we had a couple of options for the guys. Barry knew he wanted suits and that he would be buying his. So our options were the classic black, tan, or gray. I loved the gray. It reminded me of the movie The Wedding Date, don’t ask me why but I would have bet $50 that they wore gray suits. But since these are Barry’s guys and he didn’t get a say in my outfit or the bridesmaids for the big day we went with the classic black. Yes I know it could be worse and while we were in the store it almost was. Orange is one of our colors and at the start of the planning process it was THE color, and as planning has gone one it has become more of an accent color. So imagine my horror when in walked an orange tux and Barry looked GREAT in it. So after humoring me for a few pictures we were out of there. Classic black suit, white shirt, and gray tie, perfect. Done and done.


Yes ladies he is taken!!
xoxo
britt

No comments: