Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Celebrations

This weekend was so fun. I want to first start out by saying Happy Birthday to Sam. Sam is getting old but so are all of us and I am still pleased to be one of, if not the youngest in our core group of friends. So Happy Birthday Sam.

Friday afternoon was a good time for a little Happy Hour. Our only reader from Leesville has come back home to the G-town and wanted a little Mexican food and some good drinks. So with that in mind our resident food guru (Mr. Bach) suggested Mucho Gusto. Now I love Mucho Gusto and their yummy margaritas and Mexican pizza so I was more than game to tag along. So we spent a couple hours hanging out drinking and chatting. Friday night was nice. Barry and I just hung out at home just the two of us. Most of you who read this know that Barry has been working some crazy long hours and for us to just hang out and watch some TV it is nice. We went to bed early for a Friday but it was nice to catch up on some sleep and plus Barry had to wake up early Saturday for another fun field day at the bank.

I feel like I got so much accomplished for a Saturday. Barry was up early so I too was up early. I hung out on the couch with Lilly for a while than decided it was my time to get up and out of the house. So I decided I would go to Michaels and this place called Kelly Paper. I guess I should back track a little. With the wedding less than a year away and considering our wedding location we feel we need to get our Save the Dates out as early as possible so I have been working with Mike (the paper guy) to get the design done so they can get in the mail. So off to Michaels and Kelly Paper, I went in search of various items needed to “test” out my (well really Martha’s) design. I got all the stuff I needed and I even got myself a sticker/magnet/laminator to save myself some time in this whole wedding planning process. So since I had all the time in the world I went back to see Mike (second time in two days – yeah he thinks I’m crazy) to get a post card to test it out. Went home got it all assembled and sent out the “test” to my mom. Now it is a wait and see game to determine if that design is a go.

On Saturday night we were all going out for Sam’s Birthday. Once again our resident food guru suggested a place to eat. Now I am fine with trying new places but this place was in SCARY Phoenix with crack heads and homeless people walking around and it was getting dark. So after determining our wait was going to be about an hour and forty five minutes we decided to go to Radio Milano. Radio Milano was a safe bet: we knew the food would be good, the drinks would be fun, and the atmosphere would be nice. Just like we had thought all those things were GREAT but the service SUCKED. Our waiter was bad, really bad. I had ordered a second drink and never got it, bread was asked for that took forever to come, water was slowing coming and not one plate ever got taken off the table, among other things. So when we got the check we started figuring out who owed what (said waiter said he could split it but turns out he couldn’t) than between 5 and 10 minutes later he comes back and said he gave us the wrong check. Yeah the only thing different on check #2 was his 20% gratuity. At this point we needed to talk with a manager and ask her to take the gratuity off the bill. So in a rookie move she took care of the whole thing and we all walked out of the restaurant feeling a little weird about her paying for the whole bill. But we all got over it quickly and moved on to Drift to end our night celebration with a few drinks and laughs.

Sunday was a lazy day. We didn’t wake up until noon when one of our cell phones rang. So seeing what time it was we got up and got ready and made our way to Chandler Mall for some lunch, to get my ring cleaned and to watch a movie with Barry’s brothers. We saw X files which is not a good movie in my opinion but I have never seen an X Files episode in my life so I am not the best judge of how this movie is. Sunday night was just TV watching and getting ready for the work week ahead.

So I hope everyone in reader land had a good weekend and has a good week. I would like to send out a little love to Jen and Matt who will be taking the Arizona Bar Exam on Tuesday and Wednesday. Good Luck we know you both will do great and Barry and I can’t wait to celebrate Wednesday night when you get back from T-town.

Matt, Jen, Britt, & Barry at the Sun's game for Matt's Birthday.

xoxo

britt

No comments: