Friday, July 18, 2008

How did the Wedding come about?

So you all know that we are planning a wedding so I thought I would share a little about the propsal and the groom with you all. Barry (the groom) and I “met” dead day eve of Spring 2003. I was completely wasted and hanging out with a large group of friends at Barry’s apartment. I didn’t know Barry but his first words to me were “Shut the F@#$ up.” Yeah that was my first interaction with my future husband. But fast forward a summer to August 2003 and we ran into each other again at a party in my apartment complex and well the rest is history (although it had a slow start at the beginning).


We got engaged on June 8, 2007 and it was perfect Barry. We were in Vegas with Jen (co-author of the lovely blog) and Matt (co-author’s envious fiancĂ© of our blog) and after a long day in the pool drinking pina coladas we went up to take showers and rest up for the night. Well Barry had other plans for us. He told me to get out of bed that he wanted to go down stairs and gamble. So after some coaxing me out of bed I put on some clothes, threw my wet hair into a pony tail and walked out the door with no makeup on. We walked right out of the Monte Carlo down the street to the Bellagio up the elevator to the 33rd floor where Barry assumed would be some GIANT windows over looking the fountains and the Vegas Strip. Wrong. We get all the way up there by way of the VIP elevator and Barry figures why not and starts talking right there in the sitting area off the elevators and drops to his knee and asks me to marry him. Yes I cried – Barry says I’m a crier and I cried because it was official he finally proposed.


We celebrated with some of the “finest” Monte Carlo champagne and went to dinner at the highest quality dining option in Vegas --- ESPN ZONE. Like I said before the proposal was PERFECT Barry, but I wouldn’t change a thing. So that is the story and now we are less than a year from the wedding and over a year since he proposed. But I think that is all for now I should get some work done so I can get outta here.

So I will leave you with a photo of Barry and Me on the flight back to Phoenix the Sunday after we got engaged!


Xoxox

Brittany

No comments: