Thursday, July 24, 2008

Soon...

While Matt and I were studying last night (I was doing PMBR Constitutional Law questions, very depressing), the electricity went out. We knew it was not going to come back on when we heard the sirens outside. I was also perplexed because back in the Midwest, the electricity only seems to go out when there is a big thunderstorm and that was definitely not the case last night.

Matt called Barry, we packed up our books, drove over to Brittany and Barry’s house, and stayed the night. You forget how vital electricity is, especially since it took us a few minutes to figure out how to manually open the garage door… And we definitely did not get electicity back for awhile - someone hit the electricity box with his car, which when I saw that, all I could think about was private necessity, trespass to land, etc. It was like a multiple choice question had come to life. Then I thought there was definitely an issue of negligent infliction of emotional distress. Ahh! At their house, we watched the the Diamondbacks lose to the Cubs, which was annoying too, but at least the Diamondbacks won the series.

I did not have a hard time falling asleep last night, but I did not have pleasant thoughts. Elements of crimes and torts, community property definitions, and then hearing “dooooooooooing” business for civil procedure kept running through my head. It was not in an organized manner either; my thoughts would jump from subject to subject randomly. I can not wait until next week, in which I will probably forget everything all over again.

Looking forward to: movies, dinner with friends without outlines, golf, unpacking, scrap booking, playing my guitar hero…

Days until day one of the Bar: 5

-Jen

No comments: