Monday, July 21, 2008

Life after the BAR

I did not introduce myself properly earlier, which I easily become passionate about current events and have a lot of opinions (as many others do as well). One of my law school professors told me, “I am very thoughtful” – hopefully she meant that as a compliment! The first websites I visit in the morning are all the major news sites, so there will be various other current event postings… I am just interested in current events and politics, always have.

Just a little about me: I finished law school at the University of South Dakota in May of 2008 and have been studying or thinking about studying ever since. My fiancé, Matt, graduated from law school from Drake University School of Law in May of 2008. After spending three years over two hundred miles apart, it is great to be living in the same city again. The long distant relationship was not fun.

We met each other at the University of Arizona. We were initially friends, but soon that friendship grew into something more. In October of 2003, we began dating. After four plus years of dating, we are still very happy with each other and I can not imagine being with anyone else.

I also met Brittany at University of Arizona when we were roomies. The times we had in #405 are still some of the best! We are now older (getting too old!) and are planning our weddings together. We will continue to show are U of A love as being crazy, old, ugly-earring-wearing, Alumni. I can not wait for football season!

Currently, Matt and I, yes both of us, are studying for the bar exam. I suppose that if we can make it through this summer, both studying, without any major disasters, then marriage will be easy, right? Well, after over four and half years dating, three of which were long-distant during law school, and while during the bar, I think we will be just fine with whatever marriage brings us.

I can not wait for life after the Arizona Bar Exam. It has been a long summer. I hope not to do this again.

What I am looking forward post-Bar:

1. Barbie’s wedding!
2. Guilt-free wedding planning – finding a wedding dress!
3. Guilt-free pool time
4. Finding a JOB
5. Being nice and patient again
6. Seeing friends guilt-free

I am sure there are many more pleasure to look forward to, but I do not want to tempt myself right now.

Days until the Bar: 7
Days until freedom: 9
Days until Barbie’s wedding: 12

P.S. Matt and I also booked the hotel room for Brittany and Barry's wedding. I am very excited and can not wait!!

-Jennifer

No comments: