Friday, January 2, 2009

Dress Registry? Who knew.

I came across THIS site earlier today and thought it was so funny. I spent a few minutes checking out some of the events and criticizing (oh wait I mean looking at) some of the dresses that have been “registered” for these events. Some dresses are beautiful like this one and appropriate for the event. Other dresses made me LAUGH. I couldn’t believe someone will be wearing some of the dresses. I also began to look at the level of formality each woman would be wearing (this is something I stress out about – being under or over dressed). Take these for example:
(Classic and Elegant)

(Short and Sassy)

both are lovely and beautiful but should they really be at the same event? For me if I registered my dress I would be constantly comparing it to everyone else’s dress before I even got to the party and had no other option but to rock it.

Maybe I could start a “party” for my wedding guests and we can all sit at home gawking at what each other would be wearing long before the big day. We could also get reacquainted with each other ‘cuz lord knows we all have a Dear Aunt whom we haven’t seen in years, at least than we could spot her based on the lovely retired Floridian beach wear she will be sporting, which she so kindly took the time to register, and be sure to thank her for the lovely Mickey keep sake she sent.

Hopefully the registering your dress site wont become an over night hit, giving us ladies one more reason to stress about what to wear to an important event, because we all know guys could care less if some other dude has on the same black tux.

xoxo
britt

No comments: