Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hello Again.

I have not blogged for awhile. I guess I have not felt inspired to blog about anything. I feel like I do not have anything exciting to say about my wedding or current job search. And I feel worthless if all I do is wedding stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I am very excited about all the upcoming weddings, but as the quote goes, “everything in moderation.” And it does not help that I have poisoned my computer by uninstalling something integral. Ops.

Why I am blogging… I have never liked the idea of New Year’s Resolutions. The excitement of a new year always dissipates quickly, as it already has for this new year. I am not making resolutions, but rather I feel inspired to be a better person, especially since 2009 is the year of big changes and big weddings!

My challenge to myself is to be healthier: mind, body and spirit.

1. Mind

I am going to challenge myself to read more, to fall in love with reading again. Law school and the bar effectively ruined my drive to read, but I did enjoy the Twilight series this Christmas break! I am also going to be more professional - I am going to respond to all e-mails, text messages, and phone calls promptly. Ignoring messages until later or procrastinating phone calls is a bad habit I am going to break.

2. Body

For me, this means trying new things and eating better. I am going to try new things at the gym, new classes and machines. But I am also going to bike more (I love my new bike I got for Christmas), play tennis with Matt, hike the other side of Camelback Mountain, and golf more. As for eating, I will eat more fruits and veggies. I am also setting a goal of not eating after 7:00 P.M., the recommended time by nutritionists. Of course there will be exceptions for special occasions.

Also with the weddings coming up, time to buff up. I want to be healthy just to be healthy, but with all the weddings in 2009, it gives me extra motivation. Matt and I started the 100 pushup challenge last week so we are on week 2. It is interesting thus far. I have been able to do all the pushups and it is getting easier, kind of. I will let you know if I can do a 100 at the end of week 6…

3. Spirit

I am going to keep a healthy spirit by continuing to go to church every weekend. Going to church can be difficult at times and mass is often the most rewarding when it is the hardest to get to. If we are going to go out on Saturday night, we will just prioritize and go to Saturday Mass at 4:00.

I am also going to be nicer; being nice is never overrated and I find myself quickly to criticize or get down on people. I am going to aim to see the bright side of things and to be more compassionate. I just feel better when I am happier.

Happy 2009! I know I am excited for this year!

- Jen

No comments: