Friday, November 21, 2008

Overdue? Really?

With less than 8 months until the BIG day when we finally become husband and wife planning is finally in full swing. As every current and pass bride will tell you online wedding check lists are a great source of information and often a great tool to help keep you on track and ensure you don’t miss something “important.” (I say “important” because in all reality the only important thing is that you have two people who want to make a comment to each other, an officiant, and a witness. Everything else I consider icing on the cake or in this case butter cream icing on a wedding cake). So no matter how much help these tools provide, lately they have been a source of stress for me. You see when we started the planning process in June 2007 (wow that was long ago & to think of all the people who date and marry in a shorter time than our engagement blows my mind) we had plenty of time to hash everything out and the only thing on our “To-do List” was announce engagement, plan a budget, and decide what type of wedding you want. Well as of today I would say only 1 of those has been definitely done. Yep I am 100% positive most people know we are engaged and I also think that might be the only task on the list that was easy to accomplish and hasn’t changed a million and one times. In fact I think all our guest who got our STDs thought “well it is about time, haven’t they been engaged for over a year already?” But the other two plan a budget (we have a general idea of who is paying for what and what we would like to keep it under) & decide what type of wedding you want (this is constantly being altered a tweaked but for the most part is solid) are still fluid concepts in our wedding planning process & by fluid I mean they have the ability to change and be reevaluated as we learn and travel down this fun wedding planning path.

Well I am content with these being checked off the list as they have been hashed out enough and everyone who is important in the decision making process are all on the same page about them so they no longer show up on my list of things to do. But when I signed in a few days ago I noticed SIX count them SIX things that were OVERDUE. Wow who would have ever thought with all the time we have been engaged that we would procrastinate and have things that are overdue. Well I clicked to see what was overdue and they were some “important” tasks. These overdue tasks range from simple (start to think abut how you will wear your hair) to the “important” (Book a DJ & Florist). Good thing I still perspective still – if worst comes to worse I can do my own hair, I can play my Ipod, & I can go to the grocery store for flowers but no wonder women turn into BRIDEZILLAs. Without the help of my family, friends and my future hubbs I am sure I would not have perspective and would fall into the “wedding industry” trap and be all BRIDEZILLA up in here but so far I am cool and collected and after making my own to-do list without things being overdue I have learned I need to use the help of those who offer more and lucky for me I have many talented people who have offered to help. So my goal and on the top of my to-do list for the next 7+ months is to stay level headed and not become BRIDEZILLA.

xoxo

britt


No comments: