Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Out Fitting the Kids

No I am not saying we have kids yet but Barry and I are really lucky to have some seasoned vets walking down the aisle with us. You see our flower girl and ring bearer have been in numerous weddings and have walked down many more aisle than I or Barry, even though they are many years our juniors. So we have put much thought into what they should wear.

Would I want the flower girl to be a spitting image of myself? NO way. I totally think that is creepy to put a little girl in a replica wedding dress. Would she wear a little UA cheerleader outfit? Nope, my mother vetoed that (and looking back I am glad she did). But than one day it came to me – TULLE. I want our beautiful flower girl, who even walks on her tip toes all the time, to look like a little ballerina dressed in tulle. Well describing this image to a few people invoked this lovely image in most of their heads (above), which isn’t exactly the look I was going for. Now fast forward a few weeks when Jen and I were at a bridal store looking for bridesmaid dresses and we stumbled upon the most perfect little dress (to your right) that I know would look awesome on our lovely flower girl. Upon falling in love with the dress I proceeded to look at the price tag. And who would have guessed that it was so ridiculously priced that for a while I was content on not having it. So turning to the internet I researched online bridal shops and requested many quotes to see if I would be able to actually justify the buying of this dress. Well as luck would have it I did receive a quote that has put this dress within my reach and thus ending the search for the perfect flower girl dress.

Now the ring bearer was a lot easier to decide on what he would be wearing once I convinced one person that it is in fact cute and not all my lovely formal photos would have him sporting such an awesome accessory. For the most part our ring bearer with wear the same suit and tie as all the groomsmen, but has he walks down the aisle he will be sporting a lovely UA basketball jersey (don’t worry it matches the wedding color scheme) over his monkey suit. I do think that all our groomsmen will be a little envious of his AWESOME attire, I know the groom is.

So with that almost everyone’s outfit has been set in stone 100%. The only few people I still need to worry about getting outfitted are my 3 lovely ladies who are standing up at the front with me and also my wonderful and supportive mother who has helped keep me sane and grounded during this entire process.

xoxox
britt

No comments: